SAW is Coming!
SEC is excited to introduce regular programming. We’re now featuring weekly and monthly workshops on a variety of sex and sexuality topics to enhance your experience with us!
Breathe, Move, Connect: A Monthly Yoga Workshop:
Mondays at 4pm, 21 Sussex Rehearsal Room 406
First Meeting, September 28th,
Breathe, Move, Connect: a monthly tantra workshop series at the University of Toronto, offered in partnership with the Sexual Education Centre (UTSEC). An inclusive, welcoming workshop supports participants to connect with their bodies, their breath and safely open to others. No explicit sexual activity, no nudity, nothing is compulsory and personal boundaries are upheld and encouraged. Drop-in program open to students and non-students. PWYC (suggested donation $10).
SEC is proud to offer a number of events throughout the year. Some of our past events include:
- Kinky Craft Week! A week full of creative and naughty crafting, from how-to make your own tutus to nipple pasties and horns!
- “Teaching Consent: An All-Inclusive Conversation” Featuring Nadine Thornhill and Karen BK Chan
- Sexual Awareness Weeks (SAW), which included Puppy Love, Sex and Disability, Sex and Mental Health, Partner Yoga, Body-positivity workshops, Sex and Mental Health Discussions and oh-so much more.
- Bedslam! An equity focused sex and sexuality open mic night.
- Participation in DisOrientation with a workshop on self care for activists!
- Porn Reborn, a conference about the evolution of pornography and new movements in the porn industry. Guests included Tristan Taormino and Bruce LaBruce. There was also a banging afterparty with an art exhibit from numerous contributors; the wonderful, PornARTgraphy. Sponsored by SDSSU, with contributions from Studio 561, LGBTout, the University College Alumni Association, ASSU, the Mark Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies, Proud-FM, Good for Her, Come as You Are, Cruiseline, HARDtv, and of course us!
- Many others!