Into crafting? On the kinky side? Come check out the SEC office during the week of November 17-23 for our kinky craft fair! Join us for interactive craft workshops and more! Here is our tentative schedule for the week:
Kinky Crafts Schedule
Now with descriptions!Mon Nov 18 – Hart House Boardroom
11am-1pm DIY floggers
Exactly what it sounds like, floggers, whips, paddles, any sort of percussion toy you’d like to make, we can help you with.
4pm-6pm condom cookie jars
Cute or cool containers to store your supplies, for groups, residences, or just personal use.
6pm-8pm DIY clothing decorating &
Decorating bras and panties, but also tearing up T shirts, covering jeans in leather, making bracelets, anything you can think of.
Tues Nov 19 – Hart House Meeting Room
11am-1pm pasties & nipple jewelry
Again what it sounds like, but with help from the lovely Day from Get Crafty
1pm-3pm tutus & garter belts
With our own executive director Jordan!
Wed Nov 20 – Hart House Boardroom
11am-1pm burlesque headdresses
With Moira, cute and vintage headresses for your costumes.
1pm-3pm kinky cross stitching
We have a lovely example of this in the office right now, a vulva cross stitch. The artist of that is coming to teach this, Michelle Gauthier
4pm-6pm raunchy cards
With our PR exec Ray, beautiful little greeting cards on nice paper, that have horribly naughty sayings cut from romance novels, you know the usual.
Thurs Nov 21 – Hart House Boardroom
11am-1pm blindfolds & cuffs
Again with the leather! These can be as cute or hardcore as you want, from just scarves or loose knoted leather, to buckles and locks. Doesn’t need to be scary.
1pm-3pm DIY dildo harness
Make your own strap on for pegging and penetration play.
4pm-6pm sexy pillows
Pillows in phallic shapes or with subtle pockets for supplies.
6pm-8pm burlesque hoops
With Hoop and Flow Arts, we’re making and decorating real pro hula hoops, and maybe even learning some tricks. This one has a ten dollar fee, as you’ll be getting a super nice hoop out of it too.
Fri Nov 22 – Hart House Boardroom
11am-1pm horns & tails
For fress up or role play, or just cuteness.
1pm-3pm DIY sex toys
Penetration pockets, DIY dildos and more, get your game on.
4pm-6pm aphrodisiac scrubs
With our info resources exec, Evelyn, great body scrubs to exfoliate and hydrate, infused with some spices and oils to make them just a little more playful and tantilizing. Maybe a partner activity?
6pm-8pm zine making
Learn to make your own zine detailing whatever you feel like talking about!
SEC is proud to offer a number of events throughout the year. Some of our past events include:
- Sexual Awareness Weeks (SAW, first week of March), which included Erotic Crafternoons, Sushi and Hentai, Porn and Cookies, Kinky Science Fairs, Student Bathhouse nights, L-films, the Bi-brunch and oh-so much more.
- Porn Reborn, a conference about the evolution of pornography and new movements in the porn industry. Guests included Tristan Taormino and Bruce LaBruce. There was also a banging afterparty with an art exhibit from numerous contributors; the wonderful, PornARTgraphy. Sponsored by SDSSU, with contributions from Studio 561, LGBTout, the University College Alumni Association, ASSU, the Mark Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies, Proud-FM, Good for Her, Come as You Are, Cruiseline, HARDtv, and of course us!
- A slam-beat poetry session session, co-hosted by RyePride.
- Toronto Pride Week marches, including this last 2010 Pride!
- SECxpo– in conjuction with SEC at UTM! It was a one day sextravaganza featuring sex educator Jamye Waxman’s ‘Real Sex v. Porn Sex’, Good for Her’s Carlyle Jansen with ‘BDSM 101′, a screening of Orgasm Inc. by director Liz Canner, and a presentation about that varieties of sex toys by none other than our own Dylan!
- A Halloween week open house. This year it involved pumpkin carving, spooky erotica readings, a potluck, make-your-own treats and more.
- 2010-2011 Sexual Awareness Week! We had our fabled Porn and Cookies, A Mardi Gras pub night and sex trivia contest, a panel on healthy relationships, a sexual arts and crafts show, and live, kinky demonstration.
- Many others!