Currently, our plate is mostly empty; we’re going to be helping out other groups with their pride-planning events, though, so stay tuned!
SEC is proud to offer a number of events throughout the year. Some of our past events include:
- Sexual Awareness Weeks (SAW, first week of March), which included Erotic Crafternoons, Sushi and Hentai, Porn and Cookies, Kinky Science Fairs, Student Bathhouse nights, L-films, the Bi-brunch and oh-so much more.
- Porn Reborn, a conference about the evolution of pornography and new movements in the porn industry. Guests included Tristan Taormino and Bruce LaBruce. There was also a banging afterparty with an art exhibit from numerous contributors; the wonderful, PornARTgraphy. Sponsored by SDSSU, with contributions from Studio 561, LGBTout, the University College Alumni Association, ASSU, the Mark Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies, Proud-FM, Good for Her, Come as You Are, Cruiseline, HARDtv, and of course us!
- A slam-beat poetry session session, co-hosted by RyePride.
- Toronto Pride Week marches, including this last 2010 Pride!
- SECxpo– in conjuction with SEC at UTM! It was a one day sextravaganza featuring sex educator Jamye Waxman’s ‘Real Sex v. Porn Sex’, Good for Her’s Carlyle Jansen with ‘BDSM 101′, a screening of Orgasm Inc. by director Liz Canner, and a presentation about that varieties of sex toys by none other than our own Dylan!
- A Halloween week open house. This year it involved pumpkin carving, spooky erotica readings, a potluck, make-your-own treats and more.
- 2010-2011 Sexual Awareness Week! We had our fabled Porn and Cookies, A Mardi Gras pub night and sex trivia contest, a panel on healthy relationships, a sexual arts and crafts show, and live, kinky demonstration.
- Many others!