Queer Tea in Public Places
Thursday September 25th
NE Corner of Robarts Library Field.
BEYOND 101: A Conversation around Party Culture, Sex Positivity, Safer Sex, and Sobriety
Wednesday October 1st
OISE room 5150
This panel discussion will be an open forum exploring the intersections of sex positive spaces, party culture, accessibility, and safety. We aim to interrogate the question of what constitutes safe(r) social spaces. Issues addressed by the speakers will incorporate harm reduction, “sexual” bodies, racialization, consent in social spaces. More information can be found here!
Re-Framing Porn: A feminist selection of sexy films featuring people of colour, indigenous, trans folk and people with disabilities.
Friday October 17th
$12 advance, $15 at the door (sliding scale available)
UofT Students FREE with ID
All the information available here!
Down and Dirty: DIY Porn Workshop
Hart House Committees Room
SEC is proud to offer a number of events throughout the year. Some of our past events include:
- Kinky Craft Week! A week full of creative and naughty crafting, from how-to make your own tutus to nipple pasties and horns!
- Sexual Awareness Weeks (SAW), which included Puppy Love, Sex and Disability, Sex and Mental Health, Partner Yoga, Body-positivity workshops, Erotic Crafternoons, Sushi and Hentai, Porn and Cookies, Kinky Science Fairs, Student Bathhouse nights, L-films, the Bi-brunch and oh-so much more.
- Porn Reborn, a conference about the evolution of pornography and new movements in the porn industry. Guests included Tristan Taormino and Bruce LaBruce. There was also a banging afterparty with an art exhibit from numerous contributors; the wonderful, PornARTgraphy. Sponsored by SDSSU, with contributions from Studio 561, LGBTout, the University College Alumni Association, ASSU, the Mark Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies, Proud-FM, Good for Her, Come as You Are, Cruiseline, HARDtv, and of course us!
- A slam-beat poetry session session, co-hosted by RyePride.
- Toronto Pride Week marches, including this last 2010 Pride!
- SECxpo– in conjuction with SEC at UTM! It was a one day sextravaganza featuring sex educator Jamye Waxman’s ‘Real Sex v. Porn Sex’, Good for Her’s Carlyle Jansen with ‘BDSM 101′, a screening of Orgasm Inc. by director Liz Canner, and a presentation about that varieties of sex toys by none other than our own Dylan!
- A Halloween week open house. This year it involved pumpkin carving, spooky erotica readings, a potluck, make-your-own treats and more.
- 2010-2011 Sexual Awareness Week! We had our fabled Porn and Cookies, A Mardi Gras pub night and sex trivia contest, a panel on healthy relationships, a sexual arts and crafts show, and live, kinky demonstration.
- Many others!